Memorial Day weekend has lots of symbols: a checkered flag, poppies, the backyard grill. But no matter where you celebrate--track side, dock side, or in the air conditioning on your back side--the Goose has the ingredients to make this holiday weekend memori-able.
- Ribs: baby backs and pork spare ribs, plus lamb ribs, too
- House-made Brats: cheddar & jalapeno chicken brats and spicy mustard pork brats
- Ready for the grill: Cajun marinated chicken, Goose Burgers, steaks cut to order
- House-made Sausages: Kitchen Sink sausage, pear & port duck sausage, and andouille
And don't forget...
- locally grown produce: from farm fresh greens to the season's first fruits and veg, we're working with nearby farmers growing all-naturally to bring in the best...look for purple asparagus this weekend!
- fresh bread: buns, loaves, and baguettes from Scholar's Inn
- gelato: check out the Goose Blog for the ever-changing list of flavors currently in the case
Moonshine for the Sunshine
Seasonal craft brews, mini-kegs, and refreshing wine
Good beer can come in cans! The Goose's cellar is stocked with tasty craft brews that lack the glass (in bottling, that is) but leave no slack (in flavor, that is). Are you ready for the track and the boat and the front porch?
- Southern Star's Bombshell Blonde, Pine Belt Pale, and Buried Hatchet Stout
- Stevens Point Cascade Pale
- Boulder's Hazed & Infused
- Brooklyn Summer Ale & Pre-Prohibition Lager
- Bell's Oberon Mini-kegs
- Local brews from Sun King!
Lots of summertime juice is under the corks in the Goose cellar, too. These are a few of the bottles we'll be opening this weekend.
80% Hondarribi Zuri, 20% Hondarribi Zuri Zerratia
The name may be a bit of a tongue twister unless you're a shepherd from the Basque region of Spain. But this dry, racy white needs no translation. Lemon thyme, grapefruit, and white pepper celebrate over dried herbs and stony minerality. Put out a spread of tapas style snacks, pop this cork, and ¡Olé!' It's summer.
(Pouring it the way Basque bartenders do may take a little practice, but hey, we've got a three day weekend.)
Chateau de Campuget Rose Syrah 70%, Grenache noir 30%
Refreshing red fruits burst from this dry, sophisticated, and food-friendly rose.
Crios de Susana Balbo Rose of Malbec Mendoza, Argentina
Ripe, dry, and full-flavored with strawberries and tart cherries in the nose.