Goose the Market is now accepting applications for Beer Monger, a part-time position with the possibility to grow into full time. UPDATED: position has been filled
- selecting beer for retail sales and for the Enoteca beer menu: strategically purchasing to maintain a stand-out beer selection as well as to meet sales goals
- arranging regular beer tasting events for the public in collaboration with brewery and distributor reps
- coordinating Goose's Beer & Cheese of the Month Club: working closely with the Cheese Monger to select beer pairings, processing memberships and monthly check off lists, researching and writing beer descriptions, answering members' questions in a timely manner, working with a budget
- working 3-4 Enoteca shifts per week: providing tableside service of beer and wine, plating and serving dishes, assisting retail customers with beer, wine, and dry goods, cleaning and doing dishes, ringing up customers
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- a people person with a passion for sharing great food and drink
- a self-starter who can prioritize tasks and accomplish them independently and reliably
- able to multitask and provide excellent customer service
- learns quick and maintains a positive attitude and team spirit - prior experience in any of the following areas is a plus but not required: purchasing, retail service, restaurant or food service, working with beer in a professional setting
Applicants are encouraged to apply in person at Goose the Market at 2503 N Delaware St. ideally between the hours of 2-4pm Monday through Friday.
Applicants who cannot apply in person may submit a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] goosethemarket.com
No phone calls or social media inquiries, please.